How we helped a Belgian distributor of sanitary and central heating solutions to design a future-proof Marketing Automation roadmap
A Belgian player active in the market of sanitary and central heating solutions.
Our interdisciplinary team:
- Dirk Blondeel (The House of Marketing)
- Sharon Vermosen (The House of Marketing
- Barbara Meynen (The House of Marketing)
- Ward Janssens (Grava)
Duration of the project:
Our consultants worked on the project from November 2020 to January 2021 (3 months).
Our client called upon The House of Marketing to become a more customer-centric organization and use Marketing Automation to its full potential to gain efficiency and a focused way of working.
Since the challenge was two-fold, our team worked on change management, generating a buy-in from the required stakeholders to align on the approach, as well as Marketing Automation.
- With regards to change management, our team:
- Assessed existing digital capabilities through a digital marketing audit. This included an evaluation of the company’s digital strategy & maturity
- Organized internal interviews with stakeholders to define areas of improvement
- Hosted workshops to map out personas and customer journeys and prioritize roadmap user stories together with the team
- Linked to Marketing Automation, our team:
- Conducted a Marketing Automation maturity scan, including a screening of existing materials and flows
- Evaluated existing in- and external customer data and current funnel performance
- Assessed ClickDimensions (a Marketing Automation tool of Microsoft 360), which they were using at the time, and identified pitfalls
- Compared their tool to other Marketing Automation tools in the market
- Built a Marketing Automation roadmap based on research insights
By the end of the project, our consultants had reached the following results:
- An increase of customer centricity within the marketing team of our client, through the creation of buyer personas and customer journey maps
- A future-proof roadmap for better performing Marketing Automation activities and proof of concepts, including priority assignment
- Recommendations for an improved CRM and Marketing Automation integration to take full advantage of their tool’s capabilities
- New Marketing Automation flows and quick wins ready to be implemented, such as an onboarding flow, an automated sales follow-up and a win-back flow